Resume Highlights: Summa cum laude graduate of Fuquay-Varina High School, member of the Advanced Vocal Ensemble, varsity women’s basketball team, National Honor Society and Black Student Union.
Recipient of Director’s Award and Outstanding Service Awards at FVHS and Academic All-Conference for basketball. Earned a career high of 23 points.
Future Plans: Reid will attend North Carolina A&T and plans to study music education, performance and theory.
The ultimate dream would be to be a performer. If that wasn’t to happen, I wouldn’t count out being a teacher. That would be a good way to impact kids.
Music: I feel safe in music. I feel like I don’t have to force myself into it. I get lost in it. No matter what mood I’m in, I always feel better with music.
Basketball: I didn’t really fall in love with basketball until I got to high school and worked with my brother (Dominique Byrd, who coached Reid in middle school and some of high school). I feel like that was a really good experience to grow in our relationship and share an activity that we both love.
Black Student Union: The fact that Black students can come together for this cause — it was cool to relate to others and know that I’m not alone.
Motivated By: The idea that I could always be doing something to improve myself. I like to push my limits and surprise myself. When I first started playing basketball I never thought I would reach as high as I did. Just the fact that I could really do anything I set my mind to, that pushes me, and the idea that I can inspire other people to do the same.
Remember Me As: A person that was able to impact people, whether through a smile or giving advice, or not even talking, just seeing how I lead by example. Being able to impact others in some way.
- Big Ideas
- The Hospital Next Door
- Building Community at the Block on Main
- I want it. I got it.
- Diving Deep in Holly Springs
- There & Back: Paddle the Cape Fear River
- Dig In & Drink Up: Macarons from Asali Desserts & Cafe
- Grow & Bloom: Impatient? Plant Autumn Crocus
- Restaurant Spotlight: Little Portugal
- Meet & Greet Standout Students: Alisha Reid
- Meet & Greet Standout Students: Katelyn Sheets
- Meet & Greet Standout Students: Kennedy Mitchell
- Meet & Greet Standout Students: Andreas Jordan
- So You Like to Drink Local…
- Hospital Opening Delayed